London Heating Services

Gas Safety News: September 2007

  • Latest News
  • November '08
  • October '08
  • August '08
  • June '08
  • May '08
  • April '08
  • March '08
  • February '08
  • January '08
  • December '07
  • November '07
  • October '07
  • September '07
  • August '07
  • July '07
  • June '07
  • May '07
  • April '07
  • Water Heaters in winter
    Sent: 28/09/2007
    A broken boiler or burst pipe during the winter months is every householderís nightmare, for some replacing the aging or decrepit boiler will save you money immediately and probably more importantly you will see long-term benefits and be safe in the ... read more


    CORGI Carbon Monoxide Report
    Sent: 27/09/2007
    CORGI has released a report that pinpoints the areas and groups of people most vulnerable to the exposure of carbon monoxide (CO). The report shows that between January 2006 and April 2007, there were 102 carbon monoxide incidents claiming 50 lives a ... read more


    Health and Safety Executive (North West) - Students warned about gas safety
    Sent: 26/09/2007
    Students have a lot to think about when finding somewhere to live for the new term. But the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is warning them not to forget to check that their gas appliances have received their annual safety check - to prevent them s ... read more


    Heating repairs could burn a hole in household budgets this winter
    Sent: 24/09/2007
    Heating repairs could burn a hole in household budgets this winter Brits face wasting over £64 million this winter on unnecessary boiler and heating system repair bills, according to uSwitch.com, the independent switching and price comparison ser ... read more


    LOGIC CERTIFICATION AT INSTALLER LIVE
    Sent: 20/09/2007
    Logic Certification, short listed for the CORGI Gas initiative training centre award, invites you to come and have a drink and a chat at Installer Live. The certification body is at the forefront of some exciting developments in training for the Gas ... read more


    I will get more brutal with the gas companies
    Sent: 18/09/2007
    ITíS time to get brutal with the gas industry. That is the message from Huddersfield MP Barry Sheerman ahead of a campaign to emphasise the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Mr Sheerman is chairing a House of Lords event to raise awareness ... read more


    Women survive carbon monoxide gassing
    Sent: 17/09/2007
    TWO women have been told it was a "miracle"they survived after they spent months breathing in carbon monoxide from faulty gas heaters. Gas engineers told Vanessa Kirby and Sharon Lees they were lucky to be alive after they discovered the gas had b ... read more


    Kadence on the trail of the silent killer
    Sent: 10/09/2007
    LONDON - Kadence has been appointed by the UK's gas safety body, Corgi with the research aspect of the carbon monoxide awareness campaign. Gas safety body commissions study to test awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide UK- Kadence is to t ... read more


    IT'S HELL'S KITCHEN!
    Sent: 09/09/2007
    The DIY giant's contractor left a dangerous gas leak while installing a cooker in the kitchen. Helen and husband Michael, 54, lived to tell the tale only because a burglar broke into their house. He smashed a kitchen window allowing the build-up ... read more


    HSE warning over student boilers
    Sent: 07/09/2007
    The HSE is warning students to get their gas appliances checked ahead of the new term. It comes as thousands of undergraduates prepare to find places to live for the coming semester amid fears that some properties may be death traps due to carbon mon ... read more


    Engineer fined over boiler work
    Sent: 06/09/2007
    A self-employed heating engineer has been fined £3,000 for working on gas appliances without being Corgi registered. Philip Goodman, 62, of Stockton-on-Tees, pleaded guilty to six breaches of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. A ... read more


    Students warned about gas safety
    Sent: 06/09/2007
    Students have a lot to think about when finding somewhere to live for the new term. But the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is warning them not to forget to check that their gas appliances have received their annual safety check - to prevent the ... read more


    Gas may have killed men in 18 minutes
    Sent: 05/09/2007
    THREE men found dead in a storage container at the Kennet Island development could have been gassed to death in just 18 minutes, an inquest heard. Tilers Kirpal Singh, 30, his cousin Manjit Singh, 35, and 21-year-old Gurdeep Singh Deo died on Dece ... read more


    Chesterfield "plumbing and heating engineer" fined 3,000
    Sent: 04/09/2007
    Philip Goodman (62), a self-employed plumbing and heating engineer, was fined £3,000 at Chesterfield Magistrates' Court yesterday (Monday 3 September) for working on gas appliances without being registered with the Council of Registered Gas Installer ... read more


    POWER OF SCOTLAND
    Sent: 04/09/2007
    Scottish Hydro Electric Tap into new opportunities with an expanding energy giant If you're looking to give your career a boost, Scottish Hydro Electric are the people with the power to help. Scottish Hydro Electric are part of Scottish and S ... read more




    Email us direct at: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk



    E: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk Boiler installers | Bathroom Installers | Site Map | Links | 2018 © LHS