London Heating Services

Gas Safety News: October 2007

  • Latest News
  • November '08
  • October '08
  • August '08
  • June '08
  • May '08
  • April '08
  • March '08
  • February '08
  • January '08
  • December '07
  • November '07
  • October '07
  • September '07
  • August '07
  • July '07
  • June '07
  • May '07
  • April '07
  • Deadly gas knocks out two sisters' husbands
    Sent: 25/10/2007
    A WOMAN and her sister thought they would become widows on the same night when deadly carbon monoxide gas knocked out their husbands. June Milner, 59, of McCleod Road, Abbey Wood, was staying at the home of her sister Pat Godfrey, 60, when the dra ... read more


    Corgi approved gas training centre
    Sent: 24/10/2007
    PLUMBERS and fitters will be cooking with gas in the future after the opening of a state of the art training facility in the Tees Valley. Darlington College has joined forces with the gas industry to launch the hi-tech centre which will allow new ... read more


    Safety advice issued to help avoid poisoning
    Sent: 24/10/2007
    KENT Fire and Rescue Service is warning people to take care when lighting chimney fires in the coming winter months. Firefighters are also urging people to follow some simple safety tips to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. They are encouraging ... read more


    Life's a gas for Matthew
    Sent: 24/10/2007
    A TRAINEE gas engineer from Bolton has finished in the top three of a national award. Matthew Taylor, aged 20, from Egerton has just completed a four-year apprenticeship as a gas service engineer with Bolton At Home. He was shortlisted in the a ... read more


    CORGI shortlisted for new HSE scheme
    Sent: 23/10/2007
    CORGI shortlisted to run the HSE gas registration scheme for the next five years from 2008 Ian Powney, CORGI's Chief Operating Officer, said: 'This is really great news'. 'CORGI looks forward to bringing forward lots of new ideas to improve gas safe ... read more


    Builder admits giving job to 'cowboy' gas fitter
    Sent: 18/10/2007
    A builder has admitted employing a cowboy' gas fitter who put a customer at risk from potentially deadly carbon monoxide fumes. Geoff Harper, 55, of Greengate Farm, Marriner Walk, Keighley, pleaded guilty to failing to ensure that a competent work ... read more


    Company cooking on gas after Corgi award win
    Sent: 17/10/2007
    A COMPANY with a contract with a council has won an award. The Dodd Group in Wrexham has won the Corgi installer of the Year for Wales accolade. Corgi is the governing body that monitors gas installers. The award was for Corgi installer of t ... read more


    Campaigners issue gas safety call
    Sent: 17/10/2007
    Gas safety campaigners have been urged to step up their fight at the launch of a week's events aimed at alerting the public to the dangers of carbon monoxide. Gas safety campaigners have been urged to step up their fight at the launch of a week's eve ... read more


    Keep the elderly warm this winter
    Sent: 17/10/2007
    Advisors will be in Grantham Library, in the INC, to chat about energy efficiency, heat saving measures, preparing homes for winter and home insurance, plus they will hand out free NHS Keep Warm Keep Well winter guides. Age Concern Kesteven spoke ... read more


    Check your boiler!
    Sent: 16/10/2007
    DORSET residents are being advised to check their boilers to avoid the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon Monoxide Awareness week starts today with energy supplier Southern Electric warning of the dangers of blocked chimneys and flues, poor ... read more


    HSE East Midlands head of operations reminds people of dangers of carbon monoxide carbon monoxide awareness day - 15 october 2007
    Sent: 15/10/2007
    As the nights get colder and people across the East Midlands think about turning on their heating and using their gas fires, Alan Craddock, HSE Head of Operations in the East Midlands is reminding homeowners and landlords across the region of the dan ... read more


    BOILING MAD
    Sent: 14/10/2007
    THE PEOPLE SHERIFF Fighting your corner against the cowboys Arthur, 87 can't sleep for noisy gas boiler ..until WE put heat on engineers. Pensioner Arthur Desmond was left hot and bothered after his heating system became so noisy he couldn't sleep a ... read more


    Help to keep safe and warm
    Sent: 13/10/2007
    ELDERLY people living in Kirklees will get help keeping warm this winter. The Safe and Warm project, being run by home improvement agency Anchor Staying Put, is offering elderly people across the area the chance to get their gas appliances service ... read more


    Prepare For A Colder Winter, Warns Help The Aged, UK
    Sent: 11/10/2007
    In response to the UK Met Office forecast of a colder winter than last, the British Gas Help the Aged Partnership is calling for all older people to check their boilers now in preparation for the months ahead.* After a wet summer and a cold start ... read more


    Killer gas warning to tenants
    Sent: 10/10/2007
    Swansea Council tenants are being warned of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.As part of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, from October 15 until October 21, tenants have the chance to get a boiler MoT to make sure the deadly gas is not leaking i ... read more


    Gas blunder technician fined
    Sent: 04/10/2007
    A FAMILY of 14 were poisoned by carbon monoxide when a gas fitter failed to make vital checks on a water heater. Craig Isherwood was recruited by Bolton at Home to carry out a Landlord's Gas Safety Inspection on their behalf at a house in Lowry Wa ... read more


    Gas fitter fined 1,500 after water heater failure poisons 14 Bolton family members
    Sent: 03/10/2007
    Gas fitter fined 1,500 after water heater failure poisons 14 Bolton family members The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has today warned gas fitters to ensure that they thoroughly check all gas appliances when carrying out gas safety inspection ... read more


    IF YOU WANT A HAPPY CHRISTMAS - PLAN IT NOW!
    Sent: 02/10/2007
    Landlords are urged to follow the RLA 10-point winter checklist to avoid problems before they arise. Water is the single most common cause of insurance claims in privately rented accommodation. It regularly accounts for some 40% of settlements ... read more




    Email us direct at: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk



    E: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk Boiler installers | Bathroom Installers | Site Map | Links | 2018 © LHS