London Heating Services

Plumbing, Heating & Gas Safety News: May 2008

  • Latest News
  • November '08
  • October '08
  • August '08
  • June '08
  • May '08
  • April '08
  • March '08
  • February '08
  • January '08
  • December '07
  • November '07
  • October '07
  • September '07
  • August '07
  • July '07
  • June '07
  • May '07
  • April '07
  • Consumer: Carbon Monoxide and Clothes Dryer Vent Maintenance in Butler County, Ohio
    Sent: 30/05/2008
    Be sure all heat-producing appliances run the way they are supposed to, including your clothes dryer Fairfield, OH--Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that interferes with how the body processes oxygen; it can be dangerous and deadly. ... read more


    Fire and Rescue Service lends support to Boat Fire Safety Week
    Sent: 28/05/2008
    NORTHUMBERLAND Fire and Rescue Service is supporting Boat Fire Safety Week to urge the boating community to be more fire safe on board. Although boat fires on our coastal and inland waters are less common than fires on land, when they do occur, th ... read more


    Gas boiler repairs should be left to professionals
    Sent: 28/05/2008
    DIY improvements to boilers should be carried out by professionals, says the National Home Improvement Council (NHIC). Research by Zurich Insurance shows that 16 per cent of in-home self-improvements has led to professionals being called to fix mi ... read more


    Computer game to train plumbers
    Sent: 28/05/2008
    Trainee plumbers have been offered the chance to train using a computer game style piece of software that has been rolled out by Train4Trade Skills. A virtual reality house has been created by Train4Trade Skills which allows plumbing students to p ... read more


    Three overcome by appliance fumes
    Sent: 25/05/2008
    Two women and a teenage girl have been taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after being overcome by fumes from a faulty gas appliance. Fire crews were called to Spring Garden Close in the Hendon area of Sunderland on Saturday night. ... read more


    (HSE) Carbon monoxide from untested boiler caused the death of six-year old girl
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is highlighting the fatal consequences of carbon monoxide gas following the death of a six-year old girl who was poisoned by fumes from a faulty boiler. Hussein Jajbhay, director of property company Amadeus I ... read more


    Heating up
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    Innovative technology is fuelling major growth and national recognition for an Oxfordshire heating system supplier. Ice Energy recently took 17th place in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 list of the fastest growing companies in the UK. This is har ... read more


    Gas pipe warning for DIY diggers
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    DAMAGING your gas pipe could be costly as well as dangerous. That’s the message from West Yorkshire’s gas safety firm Northern Gas Networks. Every year over-enthusiastic DIYers end up with unnecessary bills simply because they don’t take enough ... read more


    Tread lightly: Install a condenser boiler
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    Boilers are responsible for 60% of domestic carbon dioxide emissions. So, while replacing an old boiler can be pricey, doing so will shave a significant chunk off your carbon footprint. According to the Energy Saving Trust, if every British household ... read more


    23.05.08 - Carbon monoxide from untested boiler caused the death of six-year old girl
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is highlighting the fatal consequences of carbon monoxide gas following the death of a six-year old girl who was poisoned by fumes from a faulty boiler. Hussein Jajbhay, director of property company Amadeus In ... read more


    Be on board for fire safety
    Sent: 23/05/2008
    Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service is supporting Boat Fire Safety Week (May 24-31) to urge the boating community to be more fire safe on board. Although boat fires on our coastal and inland waters are less common than fires on land, when they ... read more


    Developer u-turn over boiler repairs
    Sent: 22/05/2008
    A HOUSING developer has been forced into making a u-turn after a woman discovered the boiler they installed had the potential to leak fatal carbon monoxide fumes into her home. Persimmon Homes initially told Lisa Peplow, of Shackleton Close in Bow ... read more


    Home Buying Tips For When Purchasing a New Home
    Sent: 21/05/2008
    Functional obsolescence factors whether they are within your boundaries or outside should always be considered when buying a home. Functional obsolescence means a material fact it is impossible to eliminate that has significant impact on market value ... read more


    Police step up action to counter boiler thieves
    Sent: 17/05/2008
    Police in Humberside and south Wales are to begin a crackdown on thieves who have been targeting housing regeneration schemes to steal boilers and pipework. According to a report on hvnplus.co.uk, Cardiff council said it has had to pay more than £ ... read more


    HSE warns: use qualified tradespeople to check your flues after Birmingham man is fined 15,000
    Sent: 12/05/2008
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is issuing a warning to the public to have any flued appliance carefully checked and serviced by qualified and competent persons. This follows a prosecution resulting from a report that the elderly occupant of a ... read more


    Property special - Rental guide
    Sent: 08/05/2008
    Can not afford to buy but keen to find your dream home? Anna Millar provides a guide to getting a good rental deal Knowing your rights is half the battle for any tenant. While many owners will go out of their way to ensure tenants treat the house ... read more


    Flu? It May Be Carbon Monoxide In Your Home, Cabin Or Chalet Heating System
    Sent: 07/05/2008
    Carbon monoxide in your home can be a danger to yourself and your family. Carbon monoxide (CO) is not Carbon Dioxide (CO2) the stuff the dry ice is made of and puts the fizz in your soda. You cannot smell or detect Carbon Monoxide in your house o ... read more


    Maintenance-free, low cost gas detection for up to 120 days with new Draeger X-am 1100 Personal Air Monitor
    Sent: 07/05/2008
    Ideal for short term or routine applications such as industrial shutdowns, the new Draeger X-am 1100 Personal Air Monitor provides up to 120-days detection of explosive gases and vapours, including diesel fumes, as well as oxygen (O2), carbon monoxid ... read more


    Baxi Duo-Tec Best Buy Combination Boiler
    Sent: 05/05/2008
    Baxi Boilers the leading UK boiler manufacturer is celebrating its success after one of its combination boilers was voted Best Buy by leading consumer magazine Which? The Baxi Duo-tec Combi 28 HE achieved 5-star ratings for efficiency, low NOx ... read more


    Boiler grant scheme leaves elderly cold
    Sent: 03/05/2008
    A COUNCILLOR has said a scandalously badly-managed government scheme is costing the elderly thousands of pounds. Roger West is investigating the Warmfront scheme, which gives people grants towards new boilers. He found Warmfront's contractors w ... read more




    Email us direct at: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk



    E: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk Boiler installers | Bathroom Installers | Site Map | Links | 2018 © LHS