London Heating Services

Gas Safety News: May 2007

  • Latest News
  • November '08
  • October '08
  • August '08
  • June '08
  • May '08
  • April '08
  • March '08
  • February '08
  • January '08
  • December '07
  • November '07
  • October '07
  • September '07
  • August '07
  • July '07
  • June '07
  • May '07
  • April '07
  • Safety Notice on Glow-worm Micron Boilers
    Sent: 21/05/2007
    During ongoing quality inspection procedures it was discovered that the following models of the Glow-worm Micron boiler may be subject to a manufacturing defect: Glow-worm Micron 40FF, 50FF, 60FF, 100FF, 120FF The defect does not become appare ... read more


    Beware the silent killer
    Sent: 21/05/2007
    FREE lifesaving monitors are being given away to cut the risk of the silent killer' carbon monoxide, which has no smell, taste or colour. Halton's Mayor, Cllr John Swain and his wife, Margaret, fitted a detector in their Runcorn home this week - a ... read more


    Ventilation for Open-flued and Flueless Gas Appliances Explained
    Sent: 20/05/2007
    From August 2005 any open-flued or flueless gas appliances encountered, which, have purpose-provided ventilation, identified as not being of adequate size will be classified as described below. Amount of ventilation provided for open-flued & flu ... read more


    Free health checks for gas BBQs
    Sent: 19/05/2007 12:06:00
    CARLISLE residents are being offered free health checks for their gas barbecues and patio heaters. The quick test will ensure the appliances are safe to use after being packed away over the winter. The health checks are being offered by Carlisle Ca ... read more


    16.05.07 - HSE helps to promote gas safety message in South East Cornwall
    Sent: 17/05/2007 20:19:00
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will be adding its support to a local initiative aimed at promoting gas safety messages and highlighting the dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO). HSE inspectors from the Plymouth office will attend a presentation ... read more


    Gas safety message promoted in Cornwall
    Sent: 16/05/2007 18:27:00
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) will be adding its support to a local initiative aimed at promoting gas safety messages and highlighting the dangers of Carbon Monoxide (CO). HSE inspectors from the Plymouth office will attend a presentation ... read more


    REWARDS JUST GOT EVEN BIGGER WITH AFFINITY
    Sent: 16/05/2007 15:40:34
    Vokera’s support and rewards scheme Affinity has teamed up with leading high street names to offer even more rewards to installers and merchants. Scheme members can earn points which can now be exchanged for vouchers with even more partners, inclu ... read more


    Home sellers flood market to avoid HIPs
    Sent: 15/05/2007 19:51:00
    The property market is being flooded as sellers try to avoid paying for Home Information Packs, surveyors claim. With barely a fortnight left before the introduction of the HIPs, property insiders said last night they were braced for "mayhem". ... read more


    Gas threat from the silent killer
    Sent: 12/05/2007 16:09:16
    MORE people have died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Waltham Forest than in any other London borough, according to the latest figures. The so-called "silent killer", which leaks from faulty boilers and heaters, claimed the lives of ten local pe ... read more


    BRITISH GAS TAKES THREE ATINDUSTRY AWARDS
    Sent: 11/05/2007 11:35:56
    British Gas took three awards at the SBGI/IGEM Gas Industry Awards lunch at the London Hilton Hotel on Tuesday, 8th May. A member of the Heating and Hotwater Industry Council, British Gas won the awards for Gas Industry Customer Service and Gas In ... read more


    Leader+ helps Derbyshire's young people contribute to the local rural economy
    Sent: 09/05/2007 08:13:00
    Leader+ funding is helping three young people from the Peak District to stay in the area and contribute to the local economy. The Youth Enterprise Project is currently supporting a mini digger business run by Thomas Hadfield and Georgina Hardwick ... read more


    Corfu dad has brain damage from gas
    Sent: 05/05/2007 19:57:00
    THE father of the West Yorkshire youngsters killed on holiday by deadly carbon monoxide has been left with permanent brain damage. Neil Shepherd, 38, and his partner Ruth Beatson, 27, were left in a coma after the poisoning last October in Corfu. ... read more


    Corfu death father brain damaged
    Sent: 04/05/2007 16:16:00
    The father of two children who died from carbon monoxide poisoning while on holiday in Corfu has learned he has been permanently brain damaged. Christi Shepherd, seven, and her brother Bobby, six, from Horbury, West Yorkshire, died after being over ... read more


    HSE warning over gas brooders
    Sent: 03/05/2007 23:15:53
    The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has warned producers to ensure that adequate ventilation is in place in sheds using gas fired brooder heaters, after a man died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Scotland. Lindsay George Redpath, a part-time ... read more


    Charges expected in Corfu
    Sent: 03/05/2007 13:25:42
    CHARGES in relation to the deaths of a brother and sister in a Corfu hotel chalet could be brought by the end of May. Christi and Bobby Shepherd were overwhelmed by carbon monoxide gas which seeped into their bungalow at the Louis Corcyra Beach Hote ... read more


    Probe into unregistered gas work
    Sent: 02/05/2007 19:49:00
    The Health and Safety Executive has launched an inquiry into claims that gas fitters have been falsely claiming to be registered. A number of incidents in the Ashford area have led have given cause for concern, a spokesman said. One installer w ... read more


    IT'S NOT JUST OUR BOILERS THAT ARE AS FIT AS A FIDDLE
    Sent: 02/05/2007 05:34:08
    LAST year alone Scottish Gas completed nearly 1 million central heating servicing and breakdown jobs across Scotland. With over 900 fully qualified, CORGI registered engineers to call on, it's no surprise that when things go wrong and the man in ... read more


    Gas fitter lied about his Corgi registration
    Sent: 01/05/2007 16:58:00
    AN unqualified fitter lied to a Hampshire couple about his professional background as he fitted a new gas boiler in their home, Southampton Crown Court heard. Jonathan Blacklock assured them he was Corgi approved and appropriately filled in a trad ... read more


    HSE warn of rogue gas installers
    Sent: 01/05/2007 10:18:00
    The Health and Safety Executive is keen to remind anyone having gas work carried out that they use a CORGI registered installer. HM Health and Safety Inspector Mr Fussell said " by law, anyone carrying out work on gas appliances or fittings as part o ... read more


    House of Commons Hansard Debates for 27 Apr 2007 (pt 0006)
    Sent: 01/05/2007 03:25:34
    Mr. Wayne David (Caerphilly) (Lab): This is a small, but important, Bill. Some 25 years ago, I worked for the Workers’ Educational Association, when one aspect of my job was to teach health and safety courses for the Trades Union Congress. I stressed ... read more


    House of Commons Hansard Debates for 27 Apr 2007 (pt 0009)
    Sent: 01/05/2007 02:11:45
    but that as things were he could only fine him. Does the hon. Lady think that that is justified, and does she feel proud of the action she is taking by not allowing the judge to have the greater power for which he has specifically asked us? Angela ... read more




    Email us direct at: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk



    E: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk Boiler installers | Bathroom Installers | Site Map | Links | 2018 © LHS