Gas installation was a risk to life|
THE lives of a woman and her two children were put at risk when their railway worker landlord installed a replacement gas boiler himself.
Within days of unqualified Martin Griffiths installing the boiler at the ground- floor flat he co-owned in Mi ... read more
TIPS FOR TENANTS AND LANDLORDS
Leasing a property is not without its difficulties for both tenant and landlord. In both cases, it's always best to be clear exactly what is included before you sign, or have someone sign, on the dotted line.
Below are five top tips for tenants - ... read more
HSE launches second stage of gas installer competition
he Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have launched the second stage of the competition to run a new gas installer registration scheme. The new scheme is set to bring added value to gas consumer safety and benefits to gas installers across Great Brita ... read more
Witt Gas Techniques Returns to Foodex Meatex 2008
Witt Gas Techniques Ltd, the Warrington, Cheshire based gas safety, control, mixing and analysis equipment supplier will be returning to Foodex Meatex 2008, NEC, Birmingham, 6th – 9th April 2008 for the second time as an exhibiter on stand no. V311 s ... read more
Dangerous work by local plumber
A MAN whose plumbing work was described as dangerous pleaded guilty to nine health and safety offences and four trading standards offences.
David John Mees, 44, of Ail y Bryn, Llandinam, trading as DEE services, pleaded guilty to the charges at We ... read more
Gas leak costs Wales landlord 10,000 pounds
A Rhondda landlord has been fined six thousand pounds with costs of 4,478 pounds after he carried out gas work at one of his properties.
The Health and Safety Executive today warned landlords to use only competent CORGI registered gas fitters work ... read more
Lucky escape in gas fireball blast
A DUNDEE mother and her two young children escaped serious injury yesterday when a gas fireball ripped through their family home in Clepington Road.
The strength of the explosion, believed to have been caused by a leaking gas fire, was so powerful ... read more
Dangers of CO gas in rearing sheds evident
A warning was issued to gamerearers last week by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of the potential risks associated with gas-fired brooder heaters.
A warning was issued to gamerearers last week by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) of the ... read more
Rhondda landlord prosecuted for carrying out his own gas work
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is warning landlords to use only competent CORGI registered gas fitters work on domestic gas appliances. The warning follows HSE’s prosecution of a Rhondda landlord after he carried out gas work at one of his pro ... read more
Coroner in warning after fumes death
A CORONER has warned people to regularly service household heating systems after the death of a pensioner from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Valerie Gallop Robinson, 75, was found dead at her home in Hafod y Mynydd, Rhymney, on Wednesday.
Opening ... read more
Explosion rips building apart
AN EXPLOSION which ripped through an industrial unit narrowly missed setting off 200 gas cylinders and destroying several buildings.
A severed gas pipe is believed to be the cause of the blast, which destroyed much of the premises of Abingdon-base ... read more
Gas poisoning OAP is improving
An elderly woman whose daughter died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning is improving in hospital.
Valerie Robinson Gallop's body was found at her mother's flat in Rhymney by police who had been called after concerns were raised by neighbours.
... read more
New training centre manager
EVESHAM & Malvern Hills College have welcomed their new energy training centre manager in the form of Russell Joseph.
Russell brings with him over 31 years of experience in the gas service industry, having started his career with British Gas, and ... read more
Electricians work put lives at risk
A man endangered the lives of three Powys families by incorrectly fitting gas pipes in their homes. David Mees, 44, operated as DEE services, from Ael Y Bryn, Llandinam.
He carried out the work without being registered with Corgi.
He pleaded gu ... read more
Carbon Monoxide Kills 1 at Pa. Hotel
Carbon monoxide fumes killed a hotel guest and sickened four others Friday after a construction canopy blocked venting from the building's hot water heaters, officials said.
Levels of the poisonous, odorless gas were so high that rescuers were fo ... read more
Boiler warning aims to prevent another toddler tragedy
Home owners, landlords and tenants are being urged to regularly check their hot water systems to prevent accidents.
In November last year, ten-month-old Rhianna Hardie was killed at her home in Taunton when boiling water cascaded over her cot beca ... read more
HSE Issues Warning After Gas Installer Is Jailed
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has issued a warning to the public to only allow qualified 'CORGI' registered gas installers to work on their appliances.
The call was made shortly after the inquest into the tragic death of a baby killed by s ... read more
Where the hearth is: Fitting the right fireplace can add thousands to the value of your home
So now it's really cold, and while radiators may work perfectly well, they just aren't very welcoming, are they? Wouldn't you rather be huddling round a fire – even a gas one, come to that – on a winter's evening? Then it could be time to open up tha ... read more
HSE warns safety comes first when working with gas after Stoke on Trent installer is jailed
HSE warns safety comes first when working with gas after Stoke on Trent installer is jailed.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has issued a warning to the public to only allow CORGI registered gas installers to work on their appliances. Every ... read more
Ilton company offer helping hand
AN ILTON plumbing company is offering people free safety checks on hot water systems to make sure families aren't faced with a tragedy like the parents of baby Rhianna Hardie.
Rhianna died after suffering 95% burns when a faulty heating system exp ... read more
BREAKING NEWS: ROGUE GAS FITTER JAILED
A Rogue gas fitter has been sent for prison for six months for falsely claiming to be Corgi registered.
David Mountford, of Lightwood Road, Longton, visited three properties between 2004 and 2007 and carried out life-threatening work.
The 37-ye ... read more
Ilkley woman claims her carbon monoxide alarm could save lives
A CARBON monoxide gas detector alarm could save the lives of Wharfedale residents, claims an Ilkley heating engineer.
Jo Thornley says not enough people have detector alarms in their homes to warn them of a potentially deadly gas leak, although ma ... read more
BUILDER STARTING YEAR WITH RECORD ORDER BOOK
A Record order book will result in Bristol builder Rok's 2007 results being "significantly ahead" of last year's, it revealed yesterday.In a trading statement, the Ham Green firm said trading for the year to December 31 was expected to be in line wit ... read more
Castle Point MP spells out mobile poisoning danger
CASTLE Point MP Bob Spink has warned mobile home owners about carbon monoxide poisoning dangers.
Dr Spink was in Parliament to hear Derbyshire Labour MP Tom Levitt tell MPs of a 15-year-old constituent who died with a friend after schools had been ... read more
UK-Huddersfield: gas safety, servicing and maintenance contract
The Works comprising briefly of the following: Fully inclusive annual safety test and service of all gas heating appliances, including the issuing of a Landlords Gas Safety Record. A visual inspection of residents own gas cookers. Testing of gas inst ... read more
Ventless Fireplaces - Guard Your Family Against Possible Health Hazards
The use of ventless fireplaces has become very popular in new homes and when rehabbing older homes. The reasons for their popularity are many. The primary reasons though have to do with ease of installation and the flexibility that you get when you d ... read more
Anger at 'gas leak' confusion A FAMILY spent a chilly Christmas huddled round portable heaters after fears of a carbon monoxide leak from their boiler.
A FAMILY spent a chilly Christmas huddled round portable heaters after fears of a carbon monoxide leak from their boiler.
Chris Chandler-King, who lives in Thirlemere Road, on the Queensway estate, Wellingborough, with his wife Caroline, two-year- ... read more
Returning Residents Face Floods in Nev.
FERNLEY, Nev. (AP) - More residents who fled nearly 300 homes flooded when a canal's earthen bank collapsed hoped to return Monday, but they faced the damage caused by the wave of frigid water that surged through the town and then froze.
Some res ... read more
Clueless tenants in poisoning alert
FireAngel, one of the UK’s leading producers of high technology safety products such as smoke alarms and fire protection devices, is urging people to get wise to carbon monoxide poisoning after research revealed a shocking lack of knowledge among hou ... read more
Parts Center teams up with CORGI to restrict the sale of gas parts in order to promote safety news on PlumbingPark.co.uk
Parts Center, part of the Wolseley group, is saying no to cowboy HVAC installers by backing a gas safety initiative, developed in partnership with CORGI.
From 1 January 2008, 200 Parts Center branches across the UK will limit the sale of safety cr ... read more