London Heating Services

Plumbing, Heating & Gas Safety News: August 2008

  • Latest News
  • November '08
  • October '08
  • August '08
  • June '08
  • May '08
  • April '08
  • March '08
  • February '08
  • January '08
  • December '07
  • November '07
  • October '07
  • September '07
  • August '07
  • July '07
  • June '07
  • May '07
  • April '07
  • Gas-threatened Leeds residents living on a timebomb
    Sent: 28/08/2008
    RESIDENTS in a block of Leeds city centre flats have been living on a timebomb for two years. Safety experts cut the gas supply to the flats, saying residents were in "immediate danger". They say they believe illegal plastic gas pipes were fitted ... read more


    CORGI warning to students about accommodation
    Sent: 28/08/2008
    Research shows almost a quarter of students are more concerned about potentially falling out with their house mates than being poisoned by carbon monoxide. In a recent survey, CORGI has revealed that nearly half of students think the distance fro ... read more


    Dead teachers neighbour worried about gas boilers
    Sent: 18/08/2008
    A neighbour of Elouise Littlewood, a dance teacher found dead after a suspected carbon monoxide leak, said she has still not been issued with a certificate for work done to her boiler. Celia Jonesí flat in Wooldridge Close, Bedfont, is directly a ... read more


    Dead teacher neighbour worried about gas boilers
    Sent: 18/08/2008
    A neighbour of Elouise Littlewood, a dance teacher found dead after a suspected carbon monoxide leak, said she has still not been issued with a certificate for work done to her boiler. Celia Jonesí flat in Wooldridge Close, Bedfont, is directly a ... read more


    Warning given to steer clear of cowboys
    Sent: 15/08/2008
    PARTS of Kent with many elderly and vulnerable people are a prime target for rogue traders who may use doorstep bully tactics. A grave warning has been issued by two leading guardian bodies of public safety following the conviction of cowboy build ... read more


    Dont put up with unsafe accommodation, council tells private tenants
    Sent: 09/08/2008
    Tower Hamlets Council wants to wake tenants up to their rights if they live in unsafe or overcrowded privately rented accommodation, otherwise known as houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). The Housing Act 2006 made it mandatory for landlords to l ... read more


    Free Carbon Monoxide Detector Pilot Scheme
    Sent: 01/08/2008
    The Dall Street Resident's Association Pilot Scheme "Sleep safely campaign" Has finally come to the installation stage of the Carbon Monoxide detectors. Residents of Dall Street have had their advisory letters put through their doors on Monday 28 ... read more




    Email us direct at: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk



    E: repairs@londonheatingservices.co.uk Boiler installers | Bathroom Installers | Site Map | Links | 2018 © LHS