Students escape toxic gas leak|
Sent: 28/04/2007 14:25:00
A potentially deadly carbon-monoxide leak has been discovered in a student house on Cowley Road. The group of six Somerville students discovered the leak when they switched the cooker on and immediately triggered a gas detector. One of the residents ... read more
Fireplace firm to rise again from its ashes
Sent: 28/04/2007 09:51:00
CARLISLE fireplace showroom which closed down suddenly is rising from the ashes and will reopen next Saturday.
Ben Nicholson’s showroom on the Kingmoor Industrial Estate was stripped last month and suddenly closed after four years of trading leavi ... read more
Walney gas fitter is fined over safety breach
Sent: 25/04/2007 17:46:06
A HEATING company has been fined £4,500 for installing a boiler without being properly qualified.
Furness magistrates told Lakeland Underfloor Heating Specialist boss, Andrew John Major, that it was “really by luck” he wasn’t facing a more seriou ... read more
24.04.07 - HSE issues gas fitter warning after Barrow heating company fined over faulty boiler installation
Sent: 25/04/2007 02:31:00
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) today warned Cumbrian businesses and residents to check that gas workers are appropriately accredited by CORGI before allowing them to carry out gas fitting or repair work.
The warning comes after a Barrow hea ... read more
A better future for CORGI registered businesses
CORGI registered businesses can now look forward to a significant reduction in the cost of CORGI registration for a new operative replacing someone who has left the business during the year.
In the past, the business would have had to pay the fu ... read more
Scottish Technical Handbooks
Changes to the Scottish Technical Handbooks come into force on 1st May 2007. These Technical Handbooks provide guidance on achieving the standards set in the Building (Scotland) Regulations 2004 and are available in two volumes, for Domestic building ... read more